Deadlines and Important Dates:
April 1 is the priority application deadline. Applications will continue to be accepted until all programs are filled. Applications are not complete until a $50 non-refundable application fee is received.
All applicants who apply by April 1st will be notified of their acceptance or wait-list status by May 1.
A non-refundable $300 deposit is due May 16th to reserve student's space in the Intensive. Applicants accepted after May 1st have 2 weeks to submit their deposits.
June 4 Tuition and parking fees are due for all participants; enrollment is not guaranteed to any applicant whose tuition and fees are unpaid after this date.
All applicants must complete the online application and submit the following supplemental materials by mail to complete their application:
- 1. Teacher Recommendation Form — to be completed by an instructor in your primary interest area or if you
have never participated in a course such as the one you are signing up for select any teacher who can
speak to your creativity.
- 2. Computer and Internet Acceptable Use Policy agreement signed by the student and a parent or guardian.
- 3. Medical Release Form completed and signed by parent or guardian, along with a copy of student immunization records
- 4. An official high school transcript
- 5. Tuition Payment - check or credit card
Residential participants: $2995 (includes a room and all meals)
Commuting participants: $2355 (includes lunch and dinner meals)
*Fees do not include Art Adventure Weekend activities on both weekends. Accepted students will receive information regarding selecting their weekend preferences.
Fine Arts and Design Arts applicants (This includes all programs except theatre)
- Must submit a description (250 words or less) of your experience in your primary area of interest and why you want to attend the Intensive. Please include which artists’ work has had a major impact on you.
Fashion Design and Merchandising applicants
- Please also include, in your essay, any training in sewing and creating clothing, as well as designers/artists who have had
a major influence on you.
- Must submit a one-page resume highlighting (1) theatrical training and experience, (2) vocal range and
singing experience, (3) dance experience (if any), and a letter stating what your goals are for taking the
Mail all required supplemental materials, check, or credit card information to:
VCUarts Summer Intensive
325 N Harrison Street, Room 212
P.O. Box 842519
Richmond, VA 23284
Dr. Mitzi Gregory, Program Director Phone: 1-866-534-3201 (toll-free)